Friday, April 1, 2011

Pt 5 ASHLEY PREGNANT?

Life had been normal for about a month now. I was even beginning to think that I had over reacted with the Ashley thing. Come on, Ashley is not the Devil even if she wears Prada (corny right?). It was about 7pm and I had another long day at work. As sank I deeper into my chair I thought to myself, It's crazy how many wealthy people have no clue what a good financial plan could do for them. Well, their ignorace is my gain. Just had about 35 grand wired to my account just for spending a couple of hours with some wealthy young athlete, planning a solid financial strategy for him. Damn I'm good. I knew I did a good job for him. He would see result within the next couple months and over the long term. That's why I loved my job, I actually believed in what I did and there were always results.
What would make today even more perfect? Hmm a late dinner with Valerie perhaps. I hadn't seen her since she returned from Paris. She had been overseas for about a week for a company conference. I would prepare a surprise dinner and ask her to come over. I felt warm feelings in my stomach as I thought about Ashley.


Wait! There was someone at my doorway? The shadow distracted me from my thoughts and as I took a better looked, my perfect day totally faded. 
"ASHLEY! FUCK are you doing here, who let you in?" My voice was colder than ever.
"Mannie, that's no way to say hi to your loving ex. How are you doing sweetheart?"
"Look Ashley, what do you want? I do not have all day, I have a late meeting in a few minutes and I have to head out very soon," I lied.


Yo Mannie, take it easy nigga. I was in the neighbourhood and I thought I would drop in to say hi. You always work late anyway. You work too hard and you should slow down."
Oh I could read this woman perfectly. I watched her every step as she drew closer to meet me behind my desk. I had that smile on my face that said let's do this, gosh I got issues. As she turned around to sit on my lap, in a well timed move, I pushed myself out of the way. LMAO! She fell on her butt. HAHAHAHAHAHA who's the Devil now? I could be full of mischief when I wanted to be. I couldn't help it, I had to laugh and I laughed real hard. Anger in her eyes, she spun around. 


"Mannie I'm in town because I had a doctor's appointment earlier on today. Just thought I'd drop in to say hi. Good night mister, but believe me I'll be back." 


With that, she was out the door and gone. Doctor's appointment? Could she be? No!! It can't be. Every successful deal I had closed this past week meant absolutely nothing. Celebration cancelled. This bitch is playing with my mind. All I could do was wait.



This was one of those nights when I could not enjoy driving my car. I turned my phone off. I just wanted to get home and sleep. Oh sweet sleep......
"

No comments:

Post a Comment